I am excited to share some of my very favorite speakers, writers and websites with you.
These books and tapes have had a meaningful impact on my life and the lives of my clients.
I picked only those that are clear and practical and supported by what the research has demonstrated over the years. I also tried to choose people who are fun and funny as well as deeply meaningful.
I grouped them into topics. Â Each has something special and meaningful to offer depending on the season of your life.
I am especially excited that I will be posting videos and podcasts of recent conversations with Sandy McDaniels, Sue Johnson and others. I hope you will download these so you can listen at convenient times like during your commute or while exercising.
Whether you are having babies, recovering from an affair, whether you want to enhance and deepen your intimacy or develop a couple vision, you will find useful information here. Choose the ones that reflect the season of your marriage right now or whatever upcoming event you anticipate — like a new baby or retirement.
- Create a Couple Vision Statement.
- Gottman Institute:Relationship Quiz, Weekend workshops and Couple DVD.
- Weekend workshop most loved by Men:Coming from the Heart
- Best Newsletter:Love that Lasts
- The Five Love Languages: Gratitude, Attention, Gifts. Help, Touch
- Best book about stopping a Divorce:The Divorce Remedy: The Proven 7-Step Program for Saving Your Marriage by Michele Weiner Davis.
- The Five Languages of Apology: Im Sorry, Admitting Wrong, Action to Undo, Next Time, Asking Forgiveness
- Especially for couples with young kids: Carols book.
- Emotion Focused Therapy: Most successful/well-researched couple therapy.
- Humorous site about male and female differences:Cavemania.
- Fun musical that covers all the symptoms:Menopause the Musical
- Research about committed long-term marriages:Smart Marriages.com
- Eye to Eye: Marriage Enrichment Community
- Positive Discipline: Books, Tapes and Videos Mother of seven, grandmother of 17 knows her stuff. Lots of practical age-specific examples.
- Sandy McDaniel gives brief, solid parenting advice on line.
- Man who knows the most about parenting teens: Michael Riera and you can email him for great advice.
- No Cry Sleep Solution is just what it says.
- Siblings Without Rivalry makes you think about yourself and your kids.
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen is a classic with cartons.
- Support for fathers: Father's Forum:
- Support for parents: Parenting
- Pregnancy.com helps track your pregnancy and offers support.
- Develop a Family Mission Statement audio.
- Pregnancy Calendar
- Stepfamily Cycle: Summary and Book (may be out of print sometimes)
- Support for stepmoms and moms working together: CoMamas
- Complicated Stepfamily Development Chart.
- Feeling Good: The new Mood therapy for Depression
- Mission Statement Builder
- Loving What Is or A Thousand Names for Joy are a regular persons guides to understanding positive thinking and anxiety reduction. CDs and Books
- Reinventing your Life describes a book with a useful questionnaire
- My favorites: The Wealthy Spirit: Daily Affirmations for Financial Stress Reduction and Zero to Zillionaire
- Your Money or Your Life describes book and support community.
- Information about EMDR: EMDR International Association Affairs
- Best book on affairs: Not just Friends has quizzes and maximum good sense.
- Divorce busting: filled with practical tips, online community and more.
- Good book: Boundaries
- Another good book: The Dance of Deception. All her Dance of books are especially good for women.